• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More fuel line help

Pawnshop

I have decided to replace the copper fuel line that runs from the primary to the pump (clamped to the under side of the crossmember) with a rubber hose (laying on top of the crossmember) but I am having trouble finding hose barbs in the correct 3/4-20 thread, any ideas? I could make some with the existing nuts that are on the old line but if I can find a ready made part I would rather do that.

thanks
Sam

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it is just plain ol 3/4 pipe comming out of the filter head and reduced down to 3/8 pipe. Leave the reducer in the head and get a 3/8 street elbow..3/8 male on one end and 3/8 female on the other, and get barbed fitting for the 3/8 pipe. Ever thought of using synflex plastic hose?

Attachments

Pawnshop

The thread on the brass nut in that photo is 3/4-20, that is my problem. Is the thread on the filter side of that elbow NPT? If so that may give me the answer, just change the elbow.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do believe that is a flared fitting so nothing will screw on and seal. Yes just change it out.
You know Wills idea of synflex might be a good thing if VO might ever be run.
Yes the outher end is npt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks