• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More Gasser Questions

Barrman

I have been reading the manuals and doing searches for REO, Gasser and all kinds of stuff. I still have a few questions.

The axles say "Timpken" on them. These are the weak CV style right?

The 5 speed but only 1:1 5th transmission is the 3052, right?

The PTO winch drivers on the trucks now. Will they bolt onto a 3053A M35A2 transmission?

The tailpipe is on one of the trucks all the way to between the right rear tires. How did the fording stack attach to the back and the air box in front? Both trucks have fording cables to pull and I was just curious.

Thanks again for the help. Once I get them home, I will have a bunch more questions to ask.

Westech

CPL
Timpken is the cv axle type, the gas motors do have the 1 to 1 drive trans in them. the pto will bolt up, have no idea on the fording stack.. try the "fording deuce" in the vids, the black and white vid.. maybe you can see something there.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The 3052 5 speed that is behind gassers is a 1:1 direct drive 5th gear, you are correct. The 3053 behind the multifuel is the OD version. They can be swapped, FYI (3053 behind a gasser).

PTO is the same, I think. Pretty sure.

jasonjc

I thought that the gasser did not have enought troqe for the over drive transmison??not saying that it would not fit just that it may not work too good.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I'm in the process of putting an overdrive tranny in a gasser - I'll let everyone know how it works. As far as mounting the fording pipes. The exhaust pipe has a flange on the end of it, which bolts to the fording exhaust, which is secured to the side of the bed. The intake is secured to the windshield, as I recall.

Hope this helps,
David

Barrman

Just thougt up somemore.

Are the brake wheel cylinders, shoes, drums, backing plates and flexible hoses the same between the M35 and the later versions?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All are pretty much the same. Older trucks had a different hold down system that should be upgraded. Front brake hoses are to be upgraded as well. The brake hose upgrade is in the 361-20 manual. Either way it's all interchagable.

jatonka

Well, you guys pretty much covered it for Barman, I've got a bunch of gas Reos and figured I have to fill him in, but, mission accomplished. David, I think you will be satisfied with the 3053 in a gas M35, please let me know, John Tennis

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks