• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

more mep 802a parts questions

dogkiller

If you follow my mep questions you realize as I have "it's always something"
this time the knob/shaft broke off the main switch, (sw1) I found a part # but can't find anyone who has it...
It's a krause & naimer chr10-c57400
thanks in advance for all the help..

RichardR

dogkiller,

EBay item # 380323830756 for an EV 75902LV is the functional replacement for your original switch. See TB11-6115-741-24. The EV 75902LV fits the mounting holes and comes with all jumpers in place and all terminals numbered correctly. Works correctly. Comes with a knob that is different but stronger than what broke off yours.

One of my MEP-802a's came with the master switch missing and I had no luck finding a Krause & Naimer chr10-c57400. But the EV switch works perfectly.

Only minor problem is that the EV switch is a different shape and so you'll need to re-arrange a couple of the wires to reach the proper terminals, but they will all reach without any cutting/splicing.

Some advice -- you know these switches are slow moving items on eBay. In fact, I bought the only 2 that have been sold! The seller's asking price is very reasonable for a new switch, but it's not cheap. You might try a "Best Offer" at what you think will work for you.

I have also seen a few of the chr10-c57400 come up on GL as part of much larger lots. But the large lots always were too heavy, too far away, and too expensive for me.

Hope this helps,
Richard

RichardR

Just bought 3 @ $30. ea
thanks again...
Dogkiller,

And I thought I was pressing my luck offering to buy 2 @ $35 each! Don't know what I'll do with the second one I bought but I always think I can never have enough spare parts. It will probably go to the grave with me, like a lot of things I have collected over the years.

You know that the seller must have bought these in a large quantity at a very low price, and the market for these switches must be very thin. Anyway, glad it worked out for you.

Richard

dogkiller

ok I replaced the switch, all the wires worked with a little rearranging ect I had to extend the wire on the diode between #7 & #1 power flows from 7 to 1.
thanks to all who have read about all my problems & helped..

RichardR

Dogkiller,

Glad it worked out so well for you. Since my switch was missing, along with the original diode, I had to get a new diode. The leads on a new diode are the perfect length without any trimming so I didn't think that you would have to make your original one longer to fit on the new switch. I did have to solder lugs on my new diode though. But the whole job is pretty easy since all the wires fit when properly arranged.

Regards,
Richard

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks