• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More Q's

Re. my M1009 6.2L diesel,

Does anyone know the battery configuration for the cucv's? What post where?

As these are built on a small block configuration, will small block exhaust manifolds fit?

How about freeze plug heaters, are they the same as a small block?

I see people are swapping in 700r4's, what about the transfer case fitting to it? :?

mangus580

corelokt said:
Does anyone know the battery configuration for the cucv's? What post where?
Going from memory, I think the Pos post on the front battery is closer to the radiator. the rear battery, its toward the back of the truck.

corelokt said:
As these are built on a small block configuration, will small block exhaust manifolds fit?
No... they are not built on the small block configuration either.

corelokt said:
How about freeze plug heaters, are they the same as a small block?
Not sure, but they are standard sizes, easy to get.

corelokt said:
I see people are swapping in 700r4's, what about the transfer case fitting to it? :?
You will need the adapter from the 700R4 Tcase. As well as the input shaft. You would also need the TV cable brackets from a 6.2 Considering the Civvy versions used the 700R4, its not hard to find.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks