• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More Snatch blocks!

rizzo

I wonder what size. they look like 3/4. the one I have for my 543 is so heavy I have to make a large effort to lift it. I'm guessing 80lbs +-

rmgill

Judging from the pallette, I'd say they're 1/2" rope/6" Sheaves. The extra size on the anchor point is because a double sheave will have double the weight on the attachment point over what a single sheave block would have. Your individual line pulls are added on that attachment point, so you need more anchor capacity, that's why those are larger shackles. With 3 single blocks and one of these, I could rig just about anything.

rizzo

rmgill said:
Judging from the pallette, I'd say they're 1/2" rope/6" Sheaves. The extra size on the anchor point is because a double sheave will have double the weight on the attachment point over what a single sheave block would have. Your individual line pulls are added on that attachment point, so you need more anchor capacity, that's why those are larger shackles. With 3 single blocks and one of these, I could rig just about anything.
I looked at a pic of mine. I think your right

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks