• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Morganton/Lenoir airshow and monthly meeting

AMGeneral

Folks,

Some members here already know about this,discussed at last months Hickory meeting.The Morganton/Lenoir airport is hosting a fly in/airshow on Sat May 9th,they have requested a few MVs there for display all day.I and several others have already commited to have 4 or 5 there,but welcome any others that want to participate(they only have room for about 7 to 10 at most). PM me if you want to be there and I can provide directions to my house(we are gonna convoy from here to there) and let me know if you plan to attend.

MDSA

Don't know how i missed this the other day. Been looking forward to hearing some details. Definitely plan to be there.

tarheel

well, we had a great time in the middle of nowwhere nc airport. brian spent most of his time wrenching on the exhaust, LT and sarge looked busy all day, and eventually we ended up with an informal meeting. many thanks to all who showed up, we had a great time. enjoy the pics.

Attachments

AMGeneral

Sucess!!

We had a good turnout for this show,had 3 Deuces(1 w/trailer) 2 Jeeps(an MB and a GPW) and a M816 wrecker w/a 15KW genset in a M105 trailer.Just 1 slight problem showed up on the convoy back,Brian's(MDSA) deuce started missing and blowing HUGE amounts of black smoke,got it here and found a push rod for the #6 intake valve had dropped loose,easy fix,and adjusted valves while we were in there,Problem solved.

List of participants and what the brought
Brian H GPW
Russ MB
Brian G M35A2
Shannon M35A2C
Me M35A2C w/winch
Mark B M816 w/M105 and genny

Here are the pics,

Attachments

Last edited:

MDSA

Very good day. I really appreciate Brandon for his help with the the push rod. I also appreciate Brandon for making me the proud owner of a jeep. Actually, BRUCE H brought the GPW, but thanks Brandon for the thought. If only it was that easy to get MV's.

BTW, the next Hickory meeting will be help at 9:00 am instead of noon. Still the second Saturday of each month. We are also going to try meeting at a new location. There is a truck stop that serves breakfast at the Startown exit #33 off of 321 south of Hickory. Only about 10 miles south of Hickory. We will try this to accomodate folks coming from the south.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Are any of you guys near Wilson or would want to drive that far for the one here? Us local guys will atend it , we had about 8 MV's or so last year. I got a hard date for it.
Not to steal your thread :roll:

It looks great Brandon , Id like to attend!