• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mounting a PLS Tankrack

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will the bridge truck be able to handle the weight of all that water? I remember a thread recently about a Dodge water truck and it had very little power going up/down hills when loaded with water...

M1075

maddawg308 said:
Will the bridge truck be able to handle the weight of all that water? I remember a thread recently about a Dodge water truck and it had very little power going up/down hills when loaded with water...
Yes, I posted about the Dodge. With the tank loaded (5,000 gallons) it is definitely a no go! I plan to move that tank to a M911. NEIOWA and I have been investigating this possibilty.

For the bridge truck, I removed the complete bridging assembly and it now resembles the M812A1 truck chassis. The M812A1 has a highway payload of 26,000# and cross country payload of 16,000#. Fully loaded, my payload will be between those numbers.

M1075

emmado22 said:
Is that tank rack made in the UK? Looks like the one I had at Ft Hood several years ago as a test project...
No, the rack was made in Ohio, but we have discussed these before and I think you tested them. I did see one nearly identical at Fort Hood (2-3 years ago). There are 2 models, with one being 2000 gallons and one being 3000 gallons. Got any pics or info from the testing?