• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mounting plate identification

thewams

Hi all - newcomer to Steel Soldiers and first post. I recently won an auction for a M1101 trailer that had this heavy plate tucked away in a corner that I didn't spot in the auction photos. I have no idea what it is and I'm hoping the community might be able to shed some light.

It seems like some kind of adapter plate. There are 4 pass-through holes at corners of the plate with recesses for bolt heads. They look like mounting points to a surface. And then there are 4 threaded holes (the rustier ones) in a cross pattern that look like they're there for something to mount to the plate. It's about an inch thick of solid steel. I don't see a matching bolt pattern anywhere on the trailer, so I'm not sure if this is even M1101 specific or just some random flotsam that ended up in the cargo area.

Appreciate any help in the identification.

plate.png

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have never seen that plate before and have had a couple of M1102's. There were some variants that had racks for comms gear, but I think you got a random piece from something else.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like that was missed when trailer was turned in.
I know some units use those trailers to throw scrap metal in it. When it’s full whomever has the contract comes and hauls it off.

Seen the big M989A1 trailer used for the same thing.

Hang on to it.
Will come in handy someday.