• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Moved Trailer Air Supply

wehring

I am bobbing another deuce this weekend and I had a thought for a convenient and protected trailer air supply location. This location will keep you from having to walk around the truck to attach the emergency air gladhand.

I enlarged the top 1/2" holes where the bumperettes mount so no new holes were made

What say you...

Justin
979 997 3112

Attachments

wehring

Good question

Good question.

I tuck the rear crossmember in 8" to hide the pintle for tailgate inversion. When the body is mounted the pintle does not stick out past the bed. The gladhands will also be tucked under the bed.

Next weekend I will mount the bed and put a trailer on it and take photos at full jacknife.

Justin

rmgill

Not to be a Doubting Thomas, but I think when you make hard angles with the trailer/truck combination, you're going to bind up the glad hands with the trailer's A-Frame.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
My money is on them working just fine with a m105. Remember the 105 frame widens out pretty quickly and will interfere with the ends of the frame before it gets into the glad hands. It looks like the gladhands are higher than the pintle /lunnette and that is higher than the trailer frame.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks