• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Movie Trucks

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finished getting the trucks ready for the movie late last night. New paint, stencils, all sorts of liitle things fixed or replaced. Western Towing showed up at 7:00 am for the trip to New Mexico.

Attachments

M1075

Lookin' good! That M52 looks a lot better now that you have painted it. Good work. Post up some pics of these trucks earning their keep on the set.

FrankUSMC

Kevin
Spend every moment you can with the trucks! When I rented out 3 of my WWII trucks they were wrecks when the trucking company brought them back. I ended up selling them, just could not bring myself to restore them again. My friend has a company that rents trucks for movies, but he puts together junkers for them to use. He rented them his DUKW and had he not been on the set that day, THEY WOULD HAVE DESTROYED THE DUKW!!!
Be careful and I wish you luck.
One of the few, Frank

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi guys,

They will be using the trucks for 1 or 2 days. They are flying me over to drive one and I know the other driver. They are paying all my expenses. The trucks will not be out of my sight! They paid for the paint as well. The Western Towing truck driver is staying until they are done with my trucks, probably Friday. I'll also be there later today to do the unloading.

Devin, yes that's my Desert Deuce that you, Gary & I picked up at Port Hueneme. I'll put it back into Desert Camo. The M52 will remain green.

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may have to join the union, I once had my SS396 El Camino in the Movie Air America, I think I had to join for that.

It's a big production with Tommy Lee Jones, Susan Saradon, Charlize Theron. Movie is: "In the Valley of Elah"

Take care, I hope to take some pics, they may restrict that though, not sure.

The 5 ton cargo is accually my M52A2 playing the role of a cargo. I guess it's a charactor actor :shock: .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks