• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP Light Set

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
Yeah, as much as everything checked out and looked to be 110% legit, I wasn't going to post about it until mime shipped. Too many questionable "too good to be true" things on the web. But yeah, could have saved on shipping had I pushed it out there sooner.

Still, for under $500 delivered it's one hellofa light set.
It's all good. I knew about them for a while. A buddy in Mansfield ordered 20 or so of them & I looked one set over. They're cool.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What technology is used for the lights? Led, halogen, HID?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These are HID but I would be willing to bet you could get LED replacement lamps for the housings and just remove the igniters. At this price - buy two sets and have spare parts. Literally all the bulbs in all 14 of the HID lenses are the same. If you buy an extra set you now have 14 spare bulbs and igniters.

Third From Texas

These are HID but I would be willing to bet you could get LED replacement lamps for the housings and just remove the igniters. At this price - buy two sets and have spare parts. Literally all the bulbs in all 14 of the HID lenses are the same. If you buy an extra set you now have 14 spare bulbs and igniters.
There is a newer version with all LED's. The entire 46 and 24 bars are solid LED like an Amazon bar (I don't think the LED version had the pods).

If you search eBay for "ibis tek light set" you'll see some funny stuff. This kit is listed for a grand; a single 46 bar is $6300. A few weeks ago there was the LED version for $3400. Sucker born every minute...

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
24v - the wiring runs directly to the batteries and feeds 24v and ground bussbars. The fuse from the batteries is 80a, and the three fuses for the power feeds are 50a each (pulling from the 80a fuse). The fuses are sized to protect the wire and don't represent the load. The wires are pretty long.

Amp draw with all of the HID's on is about 24 amps with about a 30% higher inrush as each ignitor gets running - this can be minimized by turning on the elements in turn instead of all at once. IR mode is about half that.

Hawkster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crossposted from Camper Mods

So I saw an ad for MRAP light set $250. Full kit: all the lights, remote spots, wiring, controller. You know how if something is too good to be true....well, it was true.

I spoke to the guy over the phone for about 20 mins. It's an aviation company in CA. Saw where a number of people had made purchases from them for vehilce projects. They had me sign the "do not export" document and palletized my order all before they would accept payment a couple days later. Follow ups from the owner, the bookkeeper, and the office manager at each step of the transaction. Photo of it all bundled up at pickup and confirmation from the driver. Arrived intact today very well palletized and wrapped tight.

If anyone wants the link of the number to contact them, PM me.

*they have other goodies as well (HMMWV stuff, radio antennas, etc).

View attachment 893418

View attachment 893419

View attachment 893420
Crossposted from Camper Mods

So I saw an ad for MRAP light set $250. Full kit: all the lights, remote spots, wiring, controller. You know how if something is too good to be true....well, it was true.

I spoke to the guy over the phone for about 20 mins. It's an aviation company in CA. Saw where a number of people had made purchases from them for vehilce projects. They had me sign the "do not export" document and palletized my order all before they would accept payment a couple days later. Follow ups from the owner, the bookkeeper, and the office manager at each step of the transaction. Photo of it all bundled up at pickup and confirmation from the driver. Arrived intact today very well palletized and wrapped tight.

If anyone wants the link of the number to contact them, PM me.

*they have other goodies as well (HMMWV stuff, radio antennas, etc).

View attachment 893418

View attachment 893419

View attachment 893420

Would you be able to send me the link and or contact info for those lights?
Thanking you in advance,
Joe

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey I wanted to ask if you could send me the info for the light supplier? Thank you.
I bought them from a private seller.

Still love them to this day. Went to Bolivar, TX with @fuzzytoaster @m715mike and others (can't remember their username atm) and used them on the beach at night to light up (and possibly record) some shenanigans.

A great time was had by all.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks