• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mrfarb’s 2009 M1151a1 build thread

mrfarb

Figured I’d start a thread about my 1151a1 to keep all my junk in one place, easier to find anyway. First thread involved installing glow plugs:

Today, it’s time to recharge the a/c to test it. When I got the truck the a/c was non op - turned out the hose that connects front and rear evaporators had was laying on the exhaust and had a hole in it. Replaced that hose and the a/c dryer at the back.
Full admission, I’m not an a/c tech, but I’m handy and harbor freight is close by. I have an a/c tech to call though, which helps. So far so good! Hope there aren’t any other leaks. Going to keep vacuuming it for about 45 minutes.

Attachments

mrfarb

First issue - condenser fans on right rear aren’t coming on, left rear are working.
Thought someone might be able to explain this - factory a/c front and rear. Just charging it, left rear cond fans run normal, right rear are not running - looked at wiring diagram and both are powered from the same relay. Has this happened before? Had to replace right rear fan assy, tested 437b and no power:

Edit - I have .24 volts at each 437b and 437c, so I’m guessing the relay isn’t good, but still not sure how I get power to left rear cond fans and not right rear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If both sets of fans are powered by the same relay and you have power to one but not the other than you must have a wiring issue.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The power for the left side cond fans gets its power from the rear evap, not the rear cond relay, follow 416A

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have a schematic of the rear evap?
The first thing I would do is see if there is power at 720A at the rear evap, should be hot all the time.

Last edited:

mrfarb

Of course, I see that now. No other schematics that I can find, but if the rear evap powers the left fans which are working, there must be a 437 wire at the front evap. I notice it’s missing from this schematic.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No 437 comes from the cond relay, follow the numbers, 436 controls the relay coming from the low pressure switch.

mrfarb

I see, I need to pay better attention - time to give it a rest until tomorrow. Now that you say that I see - I need to confirm power is coming in to the relay at 445a and move backward from there. Thanks for the help.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The power for the rear evap. and left cond. come from the other 30A breaker in the battery box,,, wire #720A, nothing to do with any of the 445(X) circuit at all.

mrfarb

The power for the rear evap. and left cond. come from the other 30A breaker in the battery box,,, wire #720A, nothing to do with any of the 445(X) circuit at all.
OK, bit of confusion on my part or yours - rear evap works perfectly, left cond fans work. It’s the right side condenser fan set that is inoperative.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks