• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTVR armor?

Navy dude

I finally got my EUC cleared, truck delivered. I only drove it a short distance to put it in my hangar until I get it insured. Man, I am so impressed with the condition and the truck itself! I have had 3 5 tons and the overall look and feel of this thing is amazing. I would ultimately like to put an armor kit on it, or replicate one. I am sure the real stuff would be impossible to get.... any thoughts?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After you get dimensions it’s super easy to CAD up drawings and send the DWGs to your local fabricator to CNC plasma cut steel pieces.

Navy dude

After you get dimensions it’s super easy to CAD up drawings and send the DWGs to your local fabricator to CNC plasma cut steel pieces.
Sounds great, never tried something like that but was thinking exactly that. I had thought about making an expedition camper but likely wouldn't be used much, and would be cost and labor intensive. I might have a structure framed up and plated somehow, maybe 1/4 inch plate at most in some areas. I don't plan on getting shot at but would be great to have a removable box that looks fully uparmored and blends with the lines of the truck.

snowtrac nome

The up armord versions I saw in Iraq were full armord cabs because the truck is so boxy it wouldn't be too hard to do it but it would take a lot of money they don't give away steel these days.

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are two different types of armor kits for the MTVRs. I have photos of trucks with the 2 types and I some some additional information on it if you want to know. The government does not sell the armor and as you know, the armor is stripped off the trucks before they are sold. I know my truck had armor because I can see the remnants of it.

Congratulations on the truck!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks