• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTVR cab on a deuce

M275Fan

Just thought this up. I'm a big fan of the MTVR, but as we all know they haven't been surplussed yet. A CDL is also necessary to drive it as well. How challenging do you think it would be to build an MTVR front end on a deuce?

Last edited by a moderator:

welldigger

Wouldn't a M923/925 be a better starting chassis? No CDL required.
Why would you not need a cdl with a 939 series truck? All the same rules apply to a 939 as they do a mtvr.

If there's an exception for driving a 939 series truck without a cdl then it would apply to the mtvr as well.

Which is why the op is asking about putting the mtvr cab on a deuce chassis.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A CDL thread that's sure to go south.

Please keep it on the topic of putting the MTVR on a Deuce.

IsaLandr

Tartaned Goði
Just to clarify a bit, are we talking about installing an actual MTVR front clip onto a deuce, or are we talking about fabricating a look-alike front clip?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was watching TV Sat and a local car dealer had an MTVR on display as the cars passed in front of it for sale. Piquing my curiosity I called the dealer to see who owned it. The Marine Corps. The dealer was donating something and the USMC was there for pickup.

The point being I'm just not liking the front of those trucks. Maybe I'd like it better if I had one but the Deuce is much better looking IMHO along with the 809 series and sometimes even the 939s look ok but not the MTVR. The rounded/flat hood sides just don't do it for me.

Might be fun to see someone make a Deuce/MTVR Franken truck though.

welldigger

Thanks. The "build an MTVR front end on a deuce" part was kind of ambiguous. When I hear "front end" I tend to think front clip, rather than the whole cab.
While he might literally mean "build" a front end, since the mtvr front end is fiberglass and I doubt he has the mold I'm assuming he means install the parts on a deuce.

That being said, I have been wrong before.

IsaLandr

Tartaned Goði
I have to agree. The MTVR looks like the guys at Oshkosh literally took the front clip of a larger model from the later International S series and dropped it straight on. The only obvious differences are in the lines of the grille and the company logo. Obviously they must have created a brand new mold for it, but still. They didn't even try to disguise where they stole the design from.

M275Fan

I was trying to say built the cab to be an mtvr style and front clip from an International S Series. Its going to be a few years in the concept stage. I am going to use CAD to design the cab and mounts. Between school not having a deuce and being low on cash, this could take quite some time. I was just asking about possibility of dropping it on. Cabs arent really available though.

M920

I was trying to say built the cab to be an mtvr style and front clip from an International S Series. Its going to be a few years in the concept stage. I am going to use CAD to design the cab and mounts. Between school not having a deuce and being low on cash, this could take quite some time. I was just asking about possibility of dropping it on. Cabs arent really available though.
I got a brand new MTVR hood for sale if you need one. PM me if interested.

Soni

M275Fan

I got a brand new MTVR hood for sale if you need one. PM me if interested.

Soni
Soni, two things. First, where the **** do you get all of this cool stuff? And second, like I said before, I dont own a deuce. I created this thrwad to se the kind of resopnse I would get and see if anyone else had done it before. I will build it, but not for atlest a year and a half. Thanks anyway.