• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTVR MK 30 Dump Truck Experience

sandcobra164

As many know, the MCLB in Albany took a direct hit from a EF-3 Tornado in the Heart of the area I work in. The last few days have been Awesome!!! I spent a few days driving a Cat M277C skid steer but they ran short of operators so I spent the day in a dump truck! I've driven MTVR's before but never "operated" one. It handles loads just fine, steering input is a bit heavy compared to an M923A1 but then again, the tires are quite a bit bigger. Acceleration is much better and no smoke! The CAT C12 is rated at 425hp in this application and quite a bit more torque. They are still current but when these get surplussed years from now, I'll be the first in line. I'm not interested in a dump truck variant but cargo's are cool.

Landbarger

I spent a few days driving a Cat M277C skid steer...
Keep a couple of those 277Cs in decent shape, will ya? I missed out on the last batch that came through but have been watching intently ever since.

Glad it sounds like nothing got damaged that couldn't be replaced! I flew out of Atlanta on Saturday morning during a break in that weather system. What a ride!