• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mule won't fire

Benharris

I recently got my first Mule, love these things. It isn't running and I'm looking for more ideas.

It will crank, I'm getting lots of fuel at the T on the side of the carburetor, I've taken the carb off and cleaned it out. There was definitely some gunk in it. I drained the gas out of the tank and put in new ethanol free gas with stabilizer and Marvel Mystery Oil (just this first tank). I checked the in-tank fuel filter, looks good. I blew out the return line to the tank. Checked the fuel filter and sediment bowl, cleaned out. Checked the spark plugs.

It fires and runs for a few seconds with starting fluid, so I'm assuming I have good spark. What are the next things to look at? I guess the cylinders still aren't getting fuel for some reason, where do I start?

Thanks.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are your plugs getting wet after you crank it over? If not, your intake hoses in the manifold may also be cracked and that will cause a no start/poor run condition.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Underneath the air shroud. They connect the tubes going to each cylinder to the intake manifold.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks