• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

multi eng. & Trans in F-700

southdave

I'm a Fixin to get on the road again if I go south I getting a camper Fifth wheel, My question is: Has any one drop a ldt and tranny into say somthing like a F-700. If so how did it do would it fair better than 6.6 ford with eight speed.

JasonS

Saw somebody put an 8.3 cummins into an F250. Took a fair bit of work. Have to believe that would be much better than an LDT.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A friend yanked the gutless Ford motor out of his boom truck and installed a Mack in it's place. Now it behaves like a truck should!

nhdiesel

I'd say it depends on how you plan to use the truck. It will be as gutless as a Deuce, so plan on that. But if thats O.K. with you, then go for it. The engine should fit, no problem. Just need to make up your own mounts. If you aren't climbing big mountains all the time it should do just fine.

I've thought about uses for a multi, and there are some places I would use it. I've been trying to encourage a friend of mine with a Chevy rollback (the 1 1/2 ton from the 90's) that originally had a 6.5, now has a 6.2 (eeeewwww) that he should put a multifuel in it. He hauls scrap cars as a second job (prison guard by day) so he would have all the free fuel he wants. He doesn't go far with it, just around the county, and the multi sure wouldn't be any worse than his 6.2.

On the other hand, if I were driving all over the place and hauling heavy I would skip over the multi and go with either a 5.9 Cummins (can easily make more power than even a stock 8.3, and much easier to find), or the 8.3 if you can find it.

Too bad you weren't closer, I'd make you a killer deal on a '96 5.9 from my Ram. 12 valve, with an aftermarket fuel plate thats rated to put out around 580 lbs. of torque, and extremely reliable. Truck just rusted out around it.

Jim

Nonotagain

Too bad you weren't closer, I'd make you a killer deal on a '96 5.9 from my Ram. 12 valve, with an aftermarket fuel plate thats rated to put out around 580 lbs. of torque, and extremely reliable. Truck just rusted out around it. Jim
You have my interest!

Whatcha want for the Cummins and how many miles are on the beast? Transmission used? Is the wiring harness still in the truck or was the engine pulled and all you have left over the engine?

Details young man.

nhdiesel

Yea, what he said. Sorry for the late reply, I was away and couldn't get near the 'puter. Truck has 260k on it, I drove it personally for over 2 years and the engine ran MINT. I just parked it because the trans is bad. Now the lift pump is bad from sitting. I could put a new one on though. I'm asking $1500 for the engine (with all accessories, etc. on it, including the Megamouth SS 4" downpipe off the turbo), or $1700 for the whole truck. Truck is updated with 2004 axles (rear has disks). Its been sitting a while, so the truck is ugly, the interior is trashed, and it has no title (thats how I bought it as well). Selling the truck complete will just save me from having to pull the engine. Its 4x4, automatic. For the $1700, I'd even throw in the adapter needed to bolt the 5.9 to a Spicer 3053a (Deuce trans). You would just need a flywheel. I have a clutch here, I think its the right one, not 100% sure.

Sorry for the thread hijack...anyone interested hit me back channel. If you timed it right, I could deliver it as far as New Jersey when we do my Deuce recovery.

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks