• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

multi fuel head gasket tear down

drjconley

my head gasket blew out on the first day i bought it, so i now have the front and back heads still attached to the exhaust and intake manifolds. do i have to take the manifolds off to remove the heads. also what is needed to remove the six bolts under the injectors that holds the heads on to the block.
thanks for the help. i am going to get pictures today.
jim

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe Clinto, posted an excellent series of images with explanations on this particular task a couple of years ago, he should be able to help....

hole

Along with Clinto , Will Wagner did the same project. As I recall he did a similar write up w/photos. I myself struggle mightily with the search feature but it may help you alot if you find either post

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM9-2320-209-34-2-1
It's here in the TM section under the resources tab.

drjconley

i got the heads off, but one bolt went in to the chamber where the rods go through and i think i can get it with a magnet. if it ends up going down by the crank how would you get the bolt out? i am ordering the complete gasket set, tool to remove and torque the driver side head bolts, and i am trying to get a medium tow bar. i am going to take the heads to a machine shop and have them make sure they are flat. is there anything else i should do prior to putting it back together.
jim

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While you have it all apart, now is the time to replace the temp sensor in the manifold..... It's much easier to find out the thing is stuck in there and needs a machine shop to get it out now...