• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multi Fuel

Lawrence of Arabia

So I am selling a Deuce and the guy interested in it asked me if the Multi Fuel works on it. I said, what do you mean? I forget his exact response, but he made it sound like there was a Multi-Fuel "Valve" or adjustment on the IP. Am I wrong, or does it burn as a Multi-Fuel all the time? Some one please explain if you know what he is talking about.

poppop

It is multi-fuel all the time. They have a fuel density compensator that adjusts fuel flow for different viscosity fuels and most of these have been bypassed but it is still a multifuel engine capable of burning a variaty of fuels.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
He is like a lot of us at one time or another, he doesn't realize that the pistons, injectors, and high compression make it a multi. There is no "part" or "device" that makes it that way. The FDC does in fact keep the power output of the motor the same when running different fuels. We have also learned from Bjorn that the FDC does not realize bio-diesel needs more volume to equal the same power levels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks