• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multi or not multi fuel?

budman67

If a MV is listed as a whistler turbo,does that mean it is a MF?
I am looking at some M35A2's 572 with winch.A 567 whistler
Hercules MF,but has no winch. So are there 572 MF's?

Westech

CPL
huh? there are 427 CID and 478 CID multi fuels in Military trucks and thats it. Most (99.9%) of the 427's are gone and the Large majority are LD, LDT, LDS, 465 multi fuels. Now 465 is the model number not the CID of the engine.

Last edited by a moderator:

budman67

Westech

CPL
dude.... that number is the listing number not the engine number.

There are a couple different turbos that were used in the Multi fuel engine family. C (whistle) D ( non whistle) and one with a pop off valve used in some 5 tons.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Dave at Eastern is easy to talk to. Give him a call and see what he has to say. His prices are too high for me, but he is still one of the good guys.

Flyingvan911

A multifuel will have a tag on the front right side of the block that says, Continental, Hercules, or White. Most every deuce will be a multi. The major thing is if it runs or not. And if not, why?

budman67

We have exchanged a few emails,his price delivered to me over
the border from him to me is well worth the price.He handles all
the paperwork and delivery.[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks