• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel adapter for OTC engine stand

Mark3395

Hi.

I picked up a couple of great OTC "rotisserie" engine stands to help me rebuild from broken engines. Now I have to make/buy adapters to attach the deuce engines to the stands.

Does anybody hanging around here have drawings or pics of an adapter?

And by the way, I have an extra OTC stand off eBay that would look great in somebody's library.

Mark

Mark3395

Ya had me going there Tex. Just had eye surgery and couldn't see the little images to amount to anything.

Hjason, I'll look forward to your photos.

Mark

nhdiesel

Just FYI, I'm sure you already know this, but I don't want to assume...I hope those aren't standard duty engine stands. The ones you find for normal automotive engines will never hold a multifuel (or most diesels). Just putting a Jeep 4.0 on a light duty stand was a bit scary, so I welded in a brace.

just an FYI for anyone who might think they can go to their local part's store and buy a $50 stand and throw their multifuel on it...

Jim

Mark3395

You're absolutely right.

These are the big OTC rotisserie style... 6000 lb capacity.

Of course it won't work unless the adapter is hefty enough to mount the engine. Gotta take something off to find the mounting points, but there are lots of choices.

Just took a look in the Engine -34 TM at the engine stands the military had. Kind of two stands, one on each side of the engine hookied to some squirelly looking rods on both sides. Not OTC stands. I think I like a nice welded plate/frame better, and mounted to one side of the engine and perspas also across the bottom thru some pan holes.

Mark

Last edited:

Mark3395

And by the way.... I only need two. Have an extra for $1500. You'll need to create your adapters. I may have a design available when I get my other two set up for the big multifuel..

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Bringing this thread back to ask Mark3395 if he ever finished this project, and if so does he have any pictures?