• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel Engine Shipping Container Weight

steelandcanvas

Anyone know the weight of a Multifuel Engine Shipping Container? I don't want any "I think" or guesses, just a true weight. I'm making a deal with a Guy and his "best guess" is way out of line, about the same weight as the motor. I've searched for this for quite a few hours now, and have come up with nothing.:???:

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for posting up this thread - and thank you mentors for your knowledgable input. My recently acquired deuce has it's spare engine in 1/2 can in the bed, and I also needed the info you provided for removal and storage "engineering".

:beer:

steelandcanvas

So, We're looking at 1200# for the can? I know the LDT runs about 1800#, but I never thought the can weighed that much, 500#-600# max was my estimate. Thanks to those that answered!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can assure you that the cans weigh that much. I moved 4 of them today and I can get pretty close with weight guesses by how much the wrecker dips to the side when lifting. These things are not light.

Anyone know the weight of a Multifuel Engine Shipping Container? I don't want any "I think" or guesses, just a true weight. I'm making a deal with a Guy and his "best guess" is way out of line, about the same weight as the motor. I've searched for this for quite a few hours now, and have come up with nothing.:???:
How much did the guy say it weighs? (if you don't mind me asking)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know the correct weight for a Cummins 250 engine can(without engine in it).

I'm gonna put one in the back of the M1008, tomorrow.

Also loading on a 2.5 ton T-case.

TexAndy

where does one get a ldt-465 engine container and how much do they normally run?

I've got a spare, good engine sitting on blocks in an A2 bed with a tarp over it. Not the best situation for long term storage...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eric, the cans are nearly identical between the 250 and multi. Heck, Gimpy didn't know the difference. FWIW, the truck can handle it. Desert Deuce trekked from Alphaheaven's AO to his in the desert with a canned multifuel in the back. Hey, as a matter of fact, I flat towed my M1008 back from the GA Rally last year with an empty multi can in the back.

Texandy, cans used to be cheap as heck. Ppl were using them for troughs for their livestock. Now-a-days there are more engines than cans. I've been lucky and found one for $100. Another one I bought with a running engine for $450 but then gave the engine away. Just a matter of shopping. Scrap value on them is over $100 here.