• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel Expert needed

jimm1009

I have two very poor quality pictures of an engine for a 1972 M35A2C WO/W with 28,000 iles on the speedometer which agrees with Medlog's history check.
Can anyone help me identify this engine? They would not allow me to lift the hood or take my own pictures during preview. Are there any distinctive features that tell you something? Too new (green) to the hobby to know so I need someone to hold my hand on this one.
I further apoligize for the the poor quality but they are "Offical G.L." Pics.
I know that it does not look like my LDT465-1D engine (in A2) from the top.
Do not even know the engine manufacture's name since I could not open the hood.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jim
jimm1009@yahoo.com

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Its a run of the mill turbo multifuel. Air filter on the passenger side, cab heater on the driver side. What else do you need? What asshole doesn't let you lift the hood? Did you get a name? You need to contact Robyn with that type of info. He needs to be fired!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Either cold start instead of a flame heater. Wonder what all the wiring is running along the intake? Has an air shift t-case.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good grief :eek: . The bases I've been to will let you look at anything you want and take all the pictures you want. Will even let you start them.

Like gimpy said, I'd let Robyn over at the GL forum know about this. Sounds like somebody was trying to be a pain in the you know what.

jimm1009

I don't want to make waves there until my ship has sailed.

I was just wondering if anyone could point out what dash number it could be.
Manufactuer is not critical. I'm assuming LDT465 but curious about the dsh number too.
I don't know enough to which one is which.
It does have the air shift and I'm assuming that is is probab;y all original engine and drivetrain too but no guarantee of that of course.
Combination of inquiring minds and excited-to-pick up owner too.
As a sid enote, I know that they have a rotation schedule of component but have never seen anything published. Example of this is "all engines are replaced at 40,000 miles or all axles are replaced at 50,000 miles", etc.
I only see one wire up there and I think that that is the sense wire for the low-air buzzer. Isn't that the air pressure swich just to the left of the air cleaner? The tube attached to the air cleaner is the vent for the master cylinder more than likely.
Jim

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not much to add, but the tubing connection to the air cleaner is for the air restriction indicator, which is mounted to the left of the steering wheel and the wiring along the intake manifold (at least some of it) is for the ether start enable thermostat....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks