• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel tank on gasser?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you install a multifuel tank on a gasser truck, and just leave the pump in place for a pickup tube?

Started to clean out the gasser tank on the M108, and the back side and top is pinholed with rust. Do have two multifuel tanks sitting here, and the truck will need one eventually when it gets a Multifuel in it.

Dennis

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, it'll work fine. Just like when people put the replacement pump from ODiron on the top of the tank.

Barrman

Yes, I have a multifuel tank on my '52 Gasser. You will need an adaptor to get the fuel line to bolt up. Other than that, everything will be the same for mounting.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got it done and running. Nice to have more than 5 gallons of fuel... Plugged the return line for the multi, and hooked the vent and pickup to the pump. Had to get some adapters, and plugs, not a bad job to do. The intake pump isn't hooked up, using the mechanical pump on the motor.

Dennis

Barrman

You will need about 1-1/2 to 2" of fuel in the bottom of the tank to get consistant flow through the non running pump. At least I do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks