• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel valve clatter

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My engine has developed a clank, clank sound which seems to be related to one cylinder only. It's fairly loud at idle and goes away completely at higher rpm's.
I have heard this before and it has gone away on its own, but is now back.

The same sound/noise was present while I worked on the log cabin a couple of weeks ago when the engine had to run for hours at about 1,200-1,400 rpm. It dissapeared when I hit the road and the engine was purring like a cat after Jason and I worked on the hydraulic head.

Is there a sound associated with a clogged injector, although I don't have any lack of power?

How loud can a valve clatter be?

Oil level shows full and oil pressure is normal, about 40 psi on the road and 25 or so at idle.

I'm about to leave Eureka for Reno on Hwy 50 and some comforting words would be nice. :)

Thanks,

mangus580

It could be the injector. the Chatter might be from the fuel dribbling in, instead of the Nile fine mist spray that it normally does.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looked at #4, #5 and #6, all pretty fouled, #6 may have been clogged, so it was replaced. The clank clank sound is a little softer, which may indicate that fouled/clogged injectors may be causing the noise.
I'll drive the truck the way it is now, perhaps higher rpms and a hotter engine will help clear things up some. There has been hours of low rpm lately using the crane...

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you having to run on dino now? How did the fouled injectors look? Was is coked? Or some type of fatty deposits? Did you get any pics that you can post when home? Good luck and god speed!!

jwaller

I guess the vegi cleaned the lines on the back side of the fuel filters and that is what may have undone your injectors.