• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MUTT won't start

hnybdgr92

What's up everyone

I purchased a 151a2 from Eastern Surplus about 3 years ago (first mistake). The vehicle had a bunch of issues that I've managed to chase down and fix over the past couple of years. The biggest one now is that it won't start anymore. It has a brand new fuel system (tank, sending unit, lines, filter etc) and the carbs been completely rebuilt by a 100% reliable mechanic. I've got brand new batteries and terminals. All it would do is turn over but never fire up. I've got spark all the way through, so it's not the fuel, plugs, plug wires, distributor, cap or boots. It did crank a bit slow when it was running. Eventually it got to the point where it would only start by popping the clutch out. After it ran for about 10 minutes, you could crank it up again, so long as it didn't sit for over an hour. I've purchased a new starter, but I think it's a dud as when I installed it, there was nothing. Not even a turn over. At least with the old starter, the output shaft spins. I put the original starter back in and now it won't do anything. I've got power. All the accessories work, but no turn over. Maybe it's the wire harness or the actual starter switch on the floor?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks