• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV RV

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
For those of us who just have to be different I submit the ultimate Military Vehicle RV. :shock:

With a little modification this beast would be a hit at any MV show. 8)

It goes up for sale the 8th of this month at GL in Montgomey, AL. And get this folks, THERE ARE 3 OF THEM!!! :D

It says that they were driven in and they have keys. :eek:

No SF 97 or title. :roll:

Attachments

Elwenil

Are they expansible (military's term, not mine) or fixed? Looks like a straight truck version of the data trailer MilTrucks used to have.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I don't think it is an expando van. Looks like it was built into a 20 foot shipping container.

This would require a Class B CDL in Ala. since it has air brakes.

I wonder how easily the body could be removed and a fifth wheel attached? It would be DA BOMB with a flatbed behind it to go pick up stuff at GL sites. 8)

Or you could leave the body on it and pull a pintle hitch lowboy and haul a duece or 5-ton behind this beast. :idea:

It looks like it has a Cummings in it from the color of the paint on the engine. I would guess a 350 or 400 with a mechanical pump.

So little money so much good stuff for sale. :cry:

rmgill

There are Class B sized motor coaches that have Air Brakes. If it's an RV with a bed/Toilet and such, then you'll beat any requirement for a CDL in most states.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I was speaking in context of driving it in it's present configuration.

If the interior was modified to RV specs and the vehicle was tagged as an RV then no CDL would be needed (in Ala.).

I saw a Freightliner at a carshow that had a bunkhouse on the back and he was operating it as a motorhome. He had "Non_Commercial, not for hire" posted on the sides.
The fifth wheel had also been removed but it is my understaing that you can pull a fith wheel camper and still be considered an RV.

I don't know how legal it would be with a big trailer behind it loaded with non-recreational gear.

I was a commercial driver for many years and there are still a lot of rules and regs I am not familiar with.

rmgill

The feds rules are if it's not used commercially their requirements for minimum standards dont' require a CDL. Staes might be more stringent, BUT many of them have the laws written such that a truck is categorized based on the equipment which does NOT meet the federal minimum standards because some vehicles classed as Non Commercial are in fact considered Commercial under the Federal Minimum standards. The best example is a 26,001 lb RV used commercially.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks