• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MVCC September Camp Delta Meet

papakb

The Military Vehicle Collectors of California invite you to join us for our Fall Camp Delta Meet in Lodi, California, September 16-23. :beer:

This is the second largest MV meet west of the Mississippi.

Tent camping, RV hookups, and cabins are available. Motels within 5 miles.

For more info contact Kurt or JoAnn Lesser at (408) 238-8277, by email at papakb@yahoo.com or thru the website at www.mvccnews.net

Keep 'em Rolling!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the TEXAS MVCC, a big HOWDY.

Hope you guys have a great time.

Love your website. I was surprised no one had grabbed the Military Vehicle Collector Club name on the web. So I snagged both the .com and the .org one - there are still several other . names available.

ONE OF THESE DAYS we should get all the MVCC's together for a giant rally.

Of course, given the age of our vehicles and the distances involved, that would be ... problematic at best.

And I used to belong to the Military Vehicle Collectors of Colorado.

All my best,

jim
keller, tx
MVCC

edit - the wife and I have lived in the Bay area twice, about twenty years ago. This time of year is great for the 'wine festivals' .

Major Asstyrd

MVCC can mean a number of things. In our case it is Military Vehicle Collectors of California. Used to be the MVPA was called Military Vehicle Collectors Club and we were the "California Chapter of the MVCC" in the 1970s-80s. Then they went to IMVCC then MVPA. At that time we incorporated as what we are called now. Thankfully the acronym still worked!

Major Asstyrd

Here is the latest skinny!

The second largest annual MV swap meet in the West is again hosted by the Military Vehicle Collectors of California the third week of September. This is the incarnation of the Woodson Bridge Fall event and is held at the same location as our April meet: Stockton/Delta KOA, 6 miles west of I-5 on State Route 12. For pro and amateur vendors this is a low cost event - like FREE except for your paid campsite! NO admission charge, NO MV registration fee, NO parking fee. Large, mostly shady, grassy full-hookup campsites plus an inexpensive dry camping option. See our website for activity details starting with the Early Bird Potluck Dinner Monday 6 pm. The "25th Infantry Division Huey" will fly in Friday and we will have a VN-era MV photo shoot at 1030. Also, the producer/writer of the film "21 Days and a Wake-up" is looking for Vietnam war nurses, doctors, or vets that were treated by them, for interviews for a new documentary film. Anyone wanting to park their VN-era vehicle in the background when he is filming are welcome to. New annual Spring and Fall awards to be presented: Longest Distance Driving a MV, Longest Distance Transporting a MV, Hard Luck Award. Living historians are encouraged in a high profile grass display location. Plenty of civvy vehicle parking on levee plus MV commuter parking close-in. Might have parking in the dry camp field but only if there are few camping reservations there. Restaurant with bar, marina, boat ramp, rentals, store, ice cream shop. Pool with water features for the kids plus adult pool, spa. Campers should contact Stockton Delta KOA for September reservations - 800-562-0913 or 209-369-1041. Ask for Campground 4 unless you prefer CG2. We are trying to dominate CG4 during the Fall event so not many "civilians" are in our midst. To get something on the official Activities Schedule handed out at the KOA office and is posted around, contact me. For general MVCC info including calendar, Military Vehicle Collectors of California.
Remember the April 2013 April Camp Delta event is featuring a USN & USMC vehicle showcase.

Major Asstyrd

Here is the Activities Schedule so far

FOOD
Mon 1800 - Early Bird Potluck, Pavilion. Bring food dish to share and your own utensils, plate

All Week - Rosa’s at Tower Park restaurant open M-F 1100–2100, Sat-Sun 0800-2100, bar ‘till whenever

Wed-Sat - Sunset Sweets mobile unit will be by the Pavilion 1100-1700 with deluxe hot dogs, ice cream, shaved ice, sodas.
Their store at the Marina is open Wed-Fri 1800-2100, Sat 1100-2100. Muffins, cakes, sundaes, more.

Th-Sat 0700 - Morning Coffee & Treats by Cathleen Cooper, camp #325 (different campsite than Spring). MVCC fundraiser

Friday - BBQ Dinner by Arnold Hof – Pavilion, approx. 1800.

DISPLAYS & ACTIVITIES
Th-Sat - Calif. State Military Reserve info at George Cooper camp #325, and some surplus Center for Military History items for sale

Friday 0900 - "25th Infantry Division Huey" fly-in. UH-1H helicopter. Let’s welcome this new Camp Delta participant and their passengers. Time is approximate. Road traffic, LZ, play structure, dog run will be secured during flight ops. Please respect directions from our Safety Crew. Shield your eyes from flying debris. Mark Jones is looking for Safety Crew volunteers. Contact me and I will send you to Mark.

Fri 1030 - Vietnam era MV display and photo shoot in the LZ. All MVs typical from that period are welcome as are uniformed “troops.” DO NOT LEAVE YOUR MV IN THE LZ UNATTENDED IN CASE FLIGHT OPS BREAK OUT!

Friday tentative - Filming by Chris McIntyre (“21 and a Wakeup” writer/producer) for his new VN war documentary “Angels at War” consisting entirely of interviews of military nurses, doctors, medics, corpsmen, and those injured during the VN war. That means YOU! Please volunteer if you qualify. Also he will be pre-selling DVDs to fundraise. Location near the Pavilion/ pool. VN era MVs in background are desired. Tentative based on his schedule

BUSINESS & MISCELLANEOUS
All week - MVCC Quartermaster selling MVCC merchandise-patches, pins, etc. Chris & Kim Jorgensen space #389 near the dry camp field

Th-Sun - MVCC business may be conducted at Secretary/Treasurer L-K Viola’s camp #290

Sat 1000 - MVCC General Membership Meeting - Pavilion, all welcome. Discuss newsletter delivery options, upcoming Member Directory, 2016 MVPA Convention, more scintillating content!

NEW AWARDS: Longest Distance Travelled in MV, Longest Distance Bringing a MV, Hard Luck Award. Apply at space #290 or 297. Presentation Sat. 1015 at Pavilion. You don’t need to be a MVCC member.

To find a MVCC officer, look for signs or go to President Kurt Lesser’s Fall encampment, #279

No fires on the ground – peat soil burns underground! Elevated pits only. You may rent them through KOA

PARKING – Space should be available to one side of the dry camp field just past the Pavilion. Please respect signs! Levee parking is OK on the campground side, not in front of tenant boat docks. Trailers go in your campsite or the field by the old Tower Park guard shack

“Military Vehicle Parking Only” by the Campground 4 restrooms

No parking along roads in camp unless in your campsite. They are fire lanes plus big rigs cannot maneuver. Do not park in empty campsites because they won’t be empty long! KOA will have vehicles towed to Lodi.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks