• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MVCC Supports Trot with Our Troops, Parker, CO

70deuce

Brought my deuce out representing the MVCC to support another fundraiser for our active duty guys here in Colorado and it turned out to be one of the best events I have attended this year. Held at Elk Mountain Tavern in Parker, CO with a chance to meet and talk with Veterans from WWII in the Pacific all the way through the current conflict in Afghanistan and that is why this event was so great. They were very appreciative to say the least to have one lonely deuce and a M105 trailer out front for display. An organization from up in our mountains (Home | FOB Summit County Co) sponsored the event who provides free of charge to our active duty and injured Vets outdoor adventures that would be blast for anyone to take part in especially up in the Rockies. I missed out on a possible ride on a Blackhawk helo from Buckley AFB just east of Denver earlier in the morning which took some photographers up for some overhead pictures of the 5K walk/run that was part of the event. Was told by one of the photo guys they had plenty of room in the helo and other event "support" people would have been welcome onboard. Next time. Sat down under a shelter to talk with a WWII Vet on my right and an injured active duty soldier (eye wound) on my left. Two Vietnam Vets and a Korean Marine grunt were sitting right in front of me. Doesn't get any better than that and seeing the old and the new as one way to put it trade their experiences and stories was priceless. Of course my dumb a.. self did not get picturers of the Vets. Sharing a few other pics here. The guys hanging on the truck are the band members for Richie Law who went to one of the American Idol finals and the cheerleaders are from Parker High School. The MVCC here in Colorado has had a ton of requests for support for events lately turning down many because of other commitments but I am glad I brought the truck to this one.

Attachments

Blueduce

My wife's grandmother lives in Parker. She and her ESA group help out at the VA all the time with different programs. I will send her the F.O.B. Summit County, CO website. I'm sure she would love to get involved next year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks