• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 5 Ton already earning its keep!!

jd-ford-hd

Was bush hogging in some of my woods and it was wetter than I thought. Buried my tractor which is the biggest one I have on the farm so the smaller tractors would be helpless to get this one out. M818 to the rescue!! Drove it across the pasture to the woods edge, lined up the truck to get a straight pull on the winch and gave my better half last minute instructions for operating the M818's clutch while I steered the tractor 'tween the trees. Chris and the M818 both did what they were supposed to do and the tractor was on high ground in no time!! This thing is going to be HANDY!!!

Attachments

MilitaryRestoration

unfortunately i gotta say it....thats why you dont buy a tractor thats 2x4... tractor = low gears = = pulling power=== shouldn't ever get stuck, if buy a 4x4, but beaut truck and still is a nice lookin deere... glad you got it out with no damage

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tractor tires appear to be like the Dyna Torques on my Massey Ferguson 1100. Very aggressive tread, about two turns of the wheel and you are on the drawbar. Been there, done that too often! As a farmer I have to wonder why some guys take their trucks out hunting ways to get stuck. We deal with it all of the time! Our winch trucks have been very handy around the farm, for us and others. You will use it a lot. Great your wife can help.
Regards Marti

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
We had to use our tractors to pull out our Jeep quite a few times it always happened in the bottom lands along the crick.

Very nice set up now all you need is a lowboy to pull the tractor with the M818. I like to see spouses and children enjoying the Military Vehicle I wish I had taken more of my family riding in mine.

beaubeau

Jdfordhd The only problem I see is is the John Deere. If U had a Kubota like mine, U would not be STUCK!!"Runs like a DEER", except when caught by a Kubota!! LOL Just kidding!! Nice looking piece of property! And U R doing a good job of taking care of it. Good Luck, Phil PS Please tell me the HD doesn,t stand for Hardly Ableson!!LOL
John Deere-Ford-Hardly Ableson!!???

alphadeltaromeo

Good work...I still have yet to play with my winch on the 818, but that's coming soon enough. Thanks for sharing the pics. It's great that your wife was able to assist...good job!

jd-ford-hd

beaubeau said:
Jdfordhd The only problem I see is is the John Deere. If U had a Kubota like mine, U would not be STUCK!!"Runs like a DEER", except when caught by a Kubota!! LOL Just kidding!! Nice looking piece of property! And U R doing a good job of taking care of it. Good Luck, Phil PS Please tell me the HD doesn,t stand for Hardly Ableson!!LOL
John Deere-Ford-Hardly Ableson!!???
Now you've given me the oppurtunity to preach!!! I am only 57 but love to say "I still remember Pearl Harbor" to people when they ride up and try to sell me on their new Toyota or Kawasaki or Kubota!! I say it mostly in jest though. I believe in our country and the companies who have been here as long as the products they produce. John Deere was a man, a real person. Henry Ford was a man, a real person. Mr. Harley and Mr. Davidson were men, real people. These three companies make the products that I purchase and each is steeped with tradition and history. Lots of products from across the water are excellent and I do stray from time to time when I need something that I cant find produced by a genuine US Mfger. Have one Honda dirt bike on this farm and it is a good one. And no I am not a "Union Man" never been in one. I just love this country and the "people" who built it. That is how I feel and hope no one is offended by it.

jd-ford-hd

MilitaryRestoration said:
unfortunately i gotta say it....thats why you dont buy a tractor thats 2x4... tractor = low gears = = pulling power=== shouldn't ever get stuck, if buy a 4x4, but beaut truck and still is a nice lookin deere... glad you got it out with no damage
My experience is 4X4 = stuck deeper !..!..!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was going to say use the bucket to get out, then saw it was off. Had to drag my tractor out by the loader bucket more than once.

CanadaDeuce

There are no US built tractors, I sold tractors for a while and as we know know, JD owns the largest tractor plant in the world, guess where it is ? one guess CHINA BUT its for " NON US sales only " ya right, just give it a while they will be here too just a way for them to keep the US market happy thinking they are US made, assembled maybe but not made ........... there is very little that is not off shore made today, heck even in Canada we seem to have a love relationship with Mercedes as they supply all our G wagon Jeeps and now I hear they will be making the new trucks to replace out Deuces too, funny guess we dont have the ability to make much anymore !

LOL

CanadaDeuce

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
CanadaDeuce said:
There are no US built tractors....
CanadaDeuce
You must have left some adjective out of this statement (like a size range, or something). Between now and Aberdeen I'll be finishing a book up about John Deere products, and when I went through the John Deere plant a couple months ago, I can assure you the Tractor Works in Waterloo Iowa was still churning out thousands of tractors. All the 8000 and 9000 series tractors in the world, and most of the 7000 series tractors, are built in Waterloo Iowa, USA.

Deere bought Ningbo Benye Tractor & Automobile Manufacture Co. Ltd. in China recently (last year), but the tractors produced their are relatively small.

Nevertheless, its cool to see the 6x6 being put to use - helps "justify" the expense!!!!

Best wishes,
David Doyle

El_Guapo

CanadaDeuce couldn't be talking about the John Deere 4000 & 5000s either. The Augusta, Ga. plant is a good customer of my company's and churning them out. Of course that is not to say that all components were made in the US. However, as the worldwide revenue comes back to the US headquarters I think it balances out favorably.

jd-ford-hd I like both of your green tractors.

ygmir

Aside from politics, etc........
Nice photo's, nice set up.
I've run 2wd Case and J.D. tractors, backhoes mostly, for years. They do just fine, you know their limits and, usually stay within. But, you get stuck.....too........at least with 2wd, you don't have to walk as far to get help.....hahaha, and, they're not buried as deep.
At least you have a beautiful MV to help you extricate your tractor. And, a nice family to help.
Good for you.
Thanks for sharing

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks