• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 5 Ton just Got Pulled BY GL?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was high bidder on a M925 in Hooks TX this morning, I check tonight and no auction no bids no bid history, most of the 923 and the only 925 is gone? GL gives their generic explanations and that is that. Does this happen ofter?

wsucougarx

Spoke to a GL guy yesterday. He said the government pulled all the 939 series trucks at JBLM. Something about he demil code changing. He mentioned Demil code A. Hmm does that mean no more EUC?

Last edited:

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know but a little planning on GLs part would be appreciated, if you have an active auction why pull it? If Uncle Sam says so fine, I don't I don't expect any professionalism from them but if GL is doing it just to stock some other auction site the practice sucks! GL PLAN A LITTLE IN ADVANCE AT LEAST 3 DAYS WORTH!

KsM715

Preaching to the choir.

GL is not on this site to monitor us and find out how they can better serve us. They know we are hooked and the majority of us will just deal with their BS.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If that is what happened why not just tell us that? Instead they give you 4-5 things that may have happened to pull the auction? Do they not know? Just a little customer service would be nice!

PS: I know they are going to do what they want, it is just I have been waiting on the right 925 and here it is I have cash in hand, I am high bidder and then the X file thing happens, like we would not notice they were gone!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Guess it wasn't your 5ton after all!

BWAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahaha.

Don't get upset, it has happened to all of us.

jatonka

If anyone is old enough to remember buying at auction from DRMO, This stuff didn't happen. It was cut and dried. And......... you always knew who you were bidding against whether on line or on site. This is a much tougher bunch to deal with and in my experience, you never win even if you are right. And for dure the Nation is not reaping the benefit of our hard earned dollars that we are spending in these auctions. If you doubt it, find out what GL actually pays the Government for this stuff. JT

86m1028

When the feds come in and take back their trucks, theres not a whole lot a civilian company can do.

Feds DIDNT come get the trucks, they are all where they were.

Most of these trucks arent in great shape.

Why not finish the auction & then tell us no euc required ?

86m1028

I was high bidder on a M925 in Hooks TX this morning, I check tonight and no auction no bids no bid history, most of the 923 and the only 925 is gone? GL gives their generic explanations and that is that. Does this happen ofter?
I previewed that truck along with alot others that got pulled.

It was a nice one.