• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My auction deal just got a whole lot better!!!

jblueep

Guys,

You may remember my recent story of my M817 ("newbie got her home"). One item in that story was that the truck was advertised as a 1989. Not knowing anything about these vehicles, I assumed that to be correct. I purchased the truck in an online auction for $2,130, which most of you said was a really good deal. Anyway, when I picked it up, I found out it was a 1972 (17 years older than I was expecting).

To make a long story short, I complained to the sellers that the truck was misrepresented, and they agreed. They agreed to send me a refund in the amount of $1,000, which means I got the M817 for $1,130 all together.

Now I REALLY feel comfortable that whatever I have to do to the truck to get it in top shape will be worth the money :)

jblueep

It's no rust bucket for sure. Actually in great shape except for the fact that the engine is "seized". I'm pretty sure it's just hydro locked or just needs to be eased back into service (sat for 5 years). Only35K miles/1500 hours on the truck.

derby

Have you had a chance to look it over?were all waiting to hear that you got it running.and all it was was a bad connection or something simple.

jblueep

I went out of town after I bought it and just got back. I haven't had a chance to touch it since I brought it home. I'm dying to get out there. My Dad (a lifelong mechanic) is going to come over next week and help me. I'll post an update as soon as I get that engine turning over :)