• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Deuce has lost its power..

vinny-socom1

Hello everyone,

I've been doing some major work on my truck for about 3-4 months now and have finally got it to a point that I can take it for a long drive. With this said my truck seems to have lost its power? no matter what gear I'm in when I push down on the gas pedal it will only rev up so high almost like it has a rev limiter or something. The strange thing is it doesn't bog down or stall it stays the same rpm?? My pedal gets about half way down and after that the truck doesn't change, stop it to the floor and it still only revs up to about 2000 rpms. I'm not sure what could have happened here because I,ve done so much stuff since the last time I drove it a long distance ie: pulled the motor, swap the transfer case(air shift swap), replaced rear main seal, changed fuel tank(other tank had alot of dents) and I haven't been able to take it for a good drive between repairs. After I BOBB the truck it ran fine then I fixed the rear main seal leak an so on. I'm truly lost here? any help? fuel issue? I'm still running 11.00x20 tires and I have not finished the winch install so I know that's not the problem.

Thanks Vinny

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: My Duce has lost its power.. HELP!!!

Are you getting fuel to the IP? How old are the filters. With the AF truck I got recently Westy helped me get it running much better with a few suggestions. He thought the IP was gummed up from sitting with old fuel. It ran ok, but could not keep a idle, was hard to start, missed on several cylinders, and just ran badly. He suggested making sure the fuel was good then adding some gas to help dissolve the gum as it ran. I placed plastic on the radiator to make sure things got nice and hot. Even after just running it at a high idle for an hour for just the first time it was running much better. It still needs some time on the road with a load to clear things out, but it is running really well now.

acetomatoco

Doggone gas pedal on what sounds like a M/F. incompatibility of components..ha.. I thought the Duce died in Italy around 1944. I would start with the fuel system... drain and clean the tank, back blow the fuel line from the primary filter to the tank...change all three filters.. bleed good so there is a good stream coming from the secondar/final vent.. clean and polish the shafts on the throttle and shutdown on the IP...make sure the engine shutdown cable is closing all the way. Fresh fuel with injector cleaner and anti algae stuff should help.. If your IP linkage was stuck and you "mashed it to the floor" like you said, you may have bent the linkage and the little spring loaded part of thel linkage Take off that LF fender and get to looking at all the nice stuff on that side of the engine..

vinny-socom1

Thanks Guys!!! Now that you say it I was having a little fuel problem issue. The line between the primary filter was leaking so I pulled it off and clean the threads put it back on. Once I put it back on no more leak but when I bleed the system it seemed like the presuure was low and I was almost sure I seen some gunk coming out of the drain, I thought after I bleed it it would be OK. Now does NaPa carry the correct filters? if so anybody got the correct part numbers? If I can get the parts I'll swap the filters this weekend. Can the D'man send me filters before Saturday?? Thanks Vinny

vinny-socom1

I just ordered some from OD Iron it looks like est delivery is Friday!!! I hope so, I would like to put this behind me so I can finish the other projects in time for the FL Rally. Thanks Vinny

5tonpuller

What is the part # and who would have them. I know there going to be a lot.
The primary filter that is white but is not paper. Seen them in some trucks.