• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My favorite tires DISCONTINUED!

DREDnot

Man...I think I just missed the boat on getting a set of my favorite tires. Yokohama Geolandar M/T plus in 31x10.50r15

The tires on my M1009 are from 2005 and dry rotted.
I'm staying with stock size and was planning on keeping the issued tread style.

DSCN1360.jpg

On many of my other 4x4s, I've run the Yokohamas. Great all around tire for my use, and it ALMOST looks like the Michelin XL military tire.
DSCN6479.JPGs-l1600.jpgDSCN4282.JPG20160213_111322.jpgTroop n truck crop.jpg

I finally got around to photochopping them onto the blazer and decided I liked the look enough to override the "as issued" look I was originally considering.

20170829_132211.jpgDSCN1157.jpg

Well...go to order them, and lo and behold, everyone is out of stock on the 31s. Especially tire rack that had them priced at $120 apiece. :-(

I hope to not have to pay $200+ each from the one or two places that claim to have some in stock.aua

Last edited:

TexAndy

I've been using General Grabber AT2 for about 14k miles (since I got the truck).

Mostly city and highway driving. A little bit of off-road and mud. Did great in mud, especially for an all-terrain. Did great in some of the wash-out silt along the river road in Big Bend.

DREDnot

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Thing is I really like the look of these tires in particular.
I just got off the phone with tirerack sales guy...he found a stash of them in Louisiana...even though their website says out of stock. So I dropped the hammer on a set for $630 shipped! Should have them by the weekend.

DSCN1805.JPG