• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first 5-ton!

100dollarman

I have had several (about 25) Deuces in the last year, but I finally bought my very first 5 ton today! :-D Its a m818 tractor, looks very good with some new parts, next to new 11.00 XLs, and it runs! I have not driven it yet (or any 5 ton for that matter). I just won it on auction today, so I will see how it drives after it gets released to me.

Shows 51K miles and 1550 hours on her. I am excited about the truck so I thought I would share a couple of pics-

Also won on auction today (2) box M109s and a M101 trailer.

Today I picked up 3 winch M35s, and 2 M1009s that already cleared. Add these to the 18 trucks I have in stock and my yard is getting pretty full!!!:grin:

Whew! Put in a good days work today!!!

Attachments

100dollarman

I bid on a few 5 ton tractors there too but stayed in the cheap range just in case nobody else wanted them. Congrats!

Yeah- I probably paid the most for this one. But I was over there this morning picking up and had a chance to take a quick look at them. This truck stood out as probably the best one. But some of the others went pretty cheap!

hoopsoft

Hang in there green_gator, I know how you feel.

Average Joes like myself who love these trucks, but can't get there hands on them because of business running the prices where its harder to afford them.

Thank god they sell enough of them they can't buy them all, I've gotten 2 now at good prices so far, can't get my hands on a 5 ton. Thanks ok, I'm about to give up and go the civi tractor route I guess.

EDIT - Didn't mean this is a jab, I'm just mad I'm too poor to have 20 of these on the back 5, cause if I could I would too.

Last edited:

100dollarman

Hang in there green_gator, I know how you feel.

Average Joes like myself who love these trucks, but can't get there hands on them because of business running the prices where its harder to afford them.

Thank god they sell enough of them they can't buy them all, I've gotten 2 now at good prices so far, can't get my hands on a 5 ton. Thanks ok, I'm about to give up and go the civi tractor route I guess.

EDIT - Didn't mean this is a jab, I'm just mad I'm too poor to have 20 of these on the back 5, cause if I could I would too.

I understand what you are saying... I was the same when I started, I just have a worse case of OD Fever than you! Trust me, I cant afford all of these trucks either!LOL I have been playing 'juggling credit cards' on the last 6! I told my GF today that I bought her a truck for her B-Day (coming up on the 28th) because I dont have any $ to get her anything now that I spent all my $$$ on trucks!!!!!!!

Awe Hell,,,,, its only money, and I cant think of a better way to spend it!:!:lol