• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first Tugger mod

Lonesome715

I bought this hoist five or six years ago. I have been shuffling it around ever since. I figured it was time to get it off the shelf and installed on something. My Tugger seems like a good choice. Here are some photographs from the un-boxing, the mock up and an after wash shot. My truck was yellow from all the **** pollen in the air. All I did this evening was the mock up. Tomorrow I will poke holes in the bed and make it permanent. Later on down the road I plan to strip the bad area and roll on some parts store bed liner. But fro right now I have heavy stuff I have to pick up by myself.

Attachments

Lonesome715

That is all I want it for. I have some running gear I have to move. Plus I have an engine to pull out of the F350 donor truck I have. I will not be picking up the fron of a truck with it, but it sure will help around the yard.

That sucker is slooooooowwwwwwww. But, it will pull a house down.

Lonesome715

I completed the install Yesterday and other than having to work around a pre-existing bolt it went smooth. The only issue I will have to biuld a brace for under the bed. I figured I would have to any way, but I thought I could at least pick up some stuff I thought was light. Nope, it did not turn out well. So, the joist will have to sit unused on Tugger until I get my new welder up and running.

Lonesome715

I move heavy non running deuces right now. But we hope to move and get some property at some point. Then I will use this truck for that.

Kohburn

I've got one of those, I tried putting it on a pickup truck bed with some angle iron to reinforce it. didn't turn out so well. I may try it on the deuce though.

Lonesome715

Now that I have it installed, I can see why. Yeah, these things need reenforcement under them. Those little peices of angle just do not cut it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks