• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Like New 925 From Indianapolis Truck Center

rneely

We were the first ones on Monday morning to pick up a GL wing from the Truck Center. It was a 1984 AM General 925 with a Red River pmp and paint job done in Nov of 09. It had 1102 miles on odometer and 45 hour on the Hobbs. Found tag that said Oil Sending Unit defective which explained the no oil pressure in video. Checked and all fluids were ok and it started right up. Aired tires while it warmed up and secured loose cargo cover. Only goodies on truck were a set of wheel chocks. I was hoping for a TM in a 3 ring binder, I know they are online and I have downloaded them but I like a hard copy to leaf through.

A big thanks to Indy4x4fab for his verbal support and potential back up recovery in case I was not able to drive it off.

Headed for home to Casco, Michigan at 9:45am and arrived at 6:40pm, 734 miles no problems. Thanks to my wife for backing me up with the GMC pickup we had a great adventure.

Attachments

Last edited:

jw4x4

That's a nice score. Definitely more adventures to come. The boxes on my 932 were empty when I picked it up from DRMO. Plenty of equipment on here so stock up and enjoy!!!

Dukeman

nice score! 700+ miles, bet that was fun. Glad your wife got involved, that's so cool to get the thumbs up. Sounds like a really nice truck.

Jayco36REQS

Hey nice 925!.... I got out bid on every 925 I went for and was lucky to have won my 923A1! I met you when I was picking up my 923 on Monday morning. There were many really nice trucks there. I was really impressed at how nice and efficient the staff at Indy was! :) I'm glad to hear your drive back went well!!

Great score on the 925... Congrats!!

Attachments

Jayco36REQS

New to the site, is this Truck Center in Indy an auction? And if so where is it at and do they have a website? I am interested in a 2.5 or 5 ton

Hey Kevin, welcome to the site! GovlLiquidation.com is the auction site, and they have facilities all over the country where the surplus is stored and picked up from. Some are military bases, and some are civilian facilities. The Indy facility is a civilian lot, and really nice people! My GL transaction from here was extremely smooth! I'd do it again in a heart beat!

Goodluck!:beer:

KevinR68

Thanks for the information - will definitely look into it. Being totally green on this, what should one look (in a general ballpark figure ) at paying for a decent truck to drive home. I would have about a 225 mile journey to my home in Battle Creek, MI :)

Jayco36REQS

Thanks for the information - will definitely look into it. Being totally green on this, what should one look (in a general ballpark figure ) at paying for a decent truck to drive home. I would have about a 225 mile journey to my home in Battle Creek, MI :)
Good question... I'm new to MV's myself, but have been on SS about a yr, and watching GL auctions about 2 yrs on and off. It varies widely! :? It seems to depend on how many trucks are up for auction at the time, condition, options, location... just hard to say. I feel very lucky to have got mine in the condition it's in!

L1A1

RNeely, Jayco
(Very) nice trucks! I'm jelious :drool: .

Was doing a little math and if I understand correctly, Rneely you traveled 734 miles in roughly 9 hours? That averages out to about 70 couple miles per hour :shock: That's pretty good road speed for an MV.

Matt

Jayco36REQS

RNeely, Jayco
(Very) nice trucks! I'm jelious :drool: .

Was doing a little math and if I understand correctly, Rneely you traveled 734 miles in roughly 9 hours? That averages out to about 70 couple miles per hour :shock: That's pretty good road speed for an MV.

Matt

He edited that to 374 miles... Which is still decent considering stops. :)

L1A1

He edited that to 374 miles... Which is still decent considering stops. :)
I went back and looked & I had to really look but see that it was 374 miles & not the 734. 374 miles in 9 hours averages out to ablut 41 MPH. Sems more the norm for a large MV then 71MPH :shock::) .
Matt

Last edited:

Jayco36REQS

I cruised home from Indy -to- Dayton at 65mph with one stop for lunch... Of course the larger tires allowed me to purr along and after an hr at 65mph, I checked the tires as soon as I stopped, and they were not even warm. It was an easy trip.. bouncy but easy! lol

rneely

I got a new Oil Sending Unit from Erik's Military Surplus and I now have a working oil pressure gauge. Oil pressure right up there on start up.

Triple C

Great score, I drove mine about 170 miles home at around 60-65 but blew a front tire 140 miles into the trip. THEN I found in tiny print on the tire - Max speed 55 mph! Don't know if we damaged our tires or not driving at excessive speed for distance but it is worth watching. Cool trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks