• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M1009 that I'm still working on.

AllenEM

I got this M1009 from state surplus add to put a engine in it, the old one was low on compression and would not start with out help, and smoked like a freight train going up hill. I put the front bumper from a firetruck on it and all the lights. it will light up. :p

Attachments

Boxdoc1960

How long have you had it? I started restoring my M1028 back in February, 30 hours a week sense then. I stripped her down to the cab and replaced a lot of metal. She's on the road as of last week but I still have more to go, gettin' close though. :-D

Last edited:

AllenEM

I've had it since March. it's being used as a command unit for the fire department and Emergency Management. I built a center console that holds a radio, siren, two light controller, and a ice chest. it's 14" wide x 14" high x 26" deep. alum. dia. plate. I still need a back window. and a glow plug control card.

Boxdoc1960

Most of my repair was bodywork. I've had a minor service light issue and now it looks like I have a IP solenoid going bad. She won't start hot. :cry:I've been posting about the problem over the past couple of days and received a lot of help. :-D

I'm hoping to finish mine off by the 4th of July. I'd like to take her to the local tea parties in her full glory. The body work is finished on the bed now but I still have to weld new metal in the tailgate. After that I can paint and camo. I plan on putting a 1" lift to the front, trimming the finders and putting 37" HUMMWV tires on her. 55MPH is OK for local driving but I travel around the state a lot with the ODF. Anything after that would be icing on the cake.

Boxdoc1960

I've been calling around to a few junk yards here in town. I'm stopping by one tonight. I need the 8 lug wheels. I think they have a set.

I got pricing on new 37" super swampers for my 16" rims. The tires would cost more than I paid for the truck:roll:

Cucvnut

switch to 3/4 ton axles a 14ff is only like 250 bucks from a junk yard and you can get a dana 44 or 10 bolt for around the same price there 8 lug and they come with better gears than 3.08 or find some one who makes new centers for h1 rims and see if they make em in six lug