• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M101A1

aleigh

Just some quick pictures of my M101A1 because hey why not. Happy Wednesday.

It's a 1968 and I got it with the 3-color NATO, which was a 1998 repaint the military did. Late last year I painted it 686A CARC myself, sourced a NOS tarp as well as sides and bows (partly in thanks to the SS site). I've also replaced the wiring with NOS, both the trailer harness and the trailer to vehicle wiring. I also got new data plates.

I still need to do a few things, including get some 12/24V LED lighting so it works with MVs as well as civilian vehicles (I normally tow it with my modern Jeep (JK), which is also tan CARC to match). It could use new reflectors too. The bows and fences are still OD but the mismatch - hey it just looks authentic. I'll probably replace the axle with a Dexter at some point so the wheels match the Jeep. I'd also like a crank up landing leg.

I've hauled it few thousands of miles, from Seattle to death valley, then black rock desert, and most recently down to Phoenix. It's been really handy and aside from wishing it had brakes, a relatively good match for the JK.

I am sad it's a bit short for the 1078. I suppose that just means more trailers are in my future...

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks