• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My m1028 won't start after it has been warmed up.

wmhguthrie

So, as I said in the title, my m1028 won't start after it has been warmed up. It always fires right up first thing in the morning, but then after I've driven for 30 minutes or so, and then I shut it off for 10 or 15 minutes or so, it cranks fine but is hard to fire or won't fire. It seems to be a problem that was getting worse and worse over time.
My glow plugs and batteries are only about 6 months old. I just changed out all the belts. And I regularly use Sea Foam fuel additive.
I live in Frostburg, Maryland and can't find a mechanic who knows anything about these trucks.
Thank you for your time. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

cucvrus

Get it started and drive it up to PA. I can change out the pump in about 3 hours. I have been getting them from Diesel care & Performance in Tennessee. They are less then $300 rebuilt. They have an exchange program that they do. And the good Felpro intake gaskets are about $30. at Autozone. If you want to know more PM me. And if you pour ice water over the injection pump it will start. It worked for me several times. They are on the internet as Dieselcare.com Do you have a core pump to send them?

dependable

I would agree that if pouring water on it helps it start hot, IP needs to be rebuilt. Last year the mow van was doing this,(one of those blue air force cube vans with a 6.2) the crew was only allowed to shut it off if they were at a place with a hose. A good dose of cold tap water right on the IP and it always started. We did this for a week until new IP came and I had time to install.

Last edited: