• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M109a3 circuits

wikallen

I thought I would share what I have done for electric so far in my m109a3 box.

I took out the original 100amp 3phase service (had a huge 4 connector plug instead of the usual 2) and wired in a Marinco 30amp service plug to feed A/C to the inside.

Inside I have:

24vdc from the batteries
24vdc to 12vdc converter feeding a lighter style port
24vdc to 120vac 900watt inverter
30amp 120vac coming from generator or shore power
Auto transfer switch from the inverter to the 30amp 120vac from the outside plug. Inverter being the default power.

So far that is all I have done, it powers my small fridge, and lights just fine. When I plug into a drop cord to my garage or generator, there is about a 30sec delay before the transfer switch kicks on. Now I do not have to remember to move the fridge from the inverter to the ac outlets when I get to my camp spot, or remember to plug back into the inverter when I hit the road again.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks