• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My mog, and Hello to SS.

kerismo

As I only have 5 posts, this is kind of a coming out post....

Hi my name is Keri and I have a Unimog..(problem, lol)
I have been lurking and doing my background research, Thought I was going to be buying a 2.5T american truck....but as things happen I found and fell in love with another.

I think I may have met a few of you at this weekends COMVEC show in Chester CT. My 2yo Son was in a bright yellow rain slicker, and squeeling with glee at all the cool trucks. BTW Mike he still talks about your truck with the train horn, thanks for that now i have to get a cool horn for him too. Since there was no one there with a MOG on saturday, I assume they are not as popular and "unique" trucks have been my failing since, I, was 2.

With paper exchanged, I can now say I own her. Here she is in all her latex painted, new england "patina" A 1962? 404
the good....
http://kerismo.com/images/unimog/IMG_1442.JPG
the bad...

and the ugly...

Included in the price was a MB shop manual, half of the diagrams are in german oh what fun. I always wanted a Mercedes Convertible...

Even though I have family in the excavating bus., I am by no means a heavy truck mechanic so the smaller 404 seemed appealing.

Attachments

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi, Keri. We feel your pain. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem...LOL

The OD sickness has no cure so don't try to fight it.

Good looking truck. I've always wanted a Mog and someday I will have one.

A

A/C Cages

Sorry to hear that you were also a victim of the OD iron virus. Its a incurable virus that only leads to owning more and more heavy green things.
There is only one thing that helps with this virus, and that's a shot of SS at least once a day to help with those ailing pains that you cant get the answers from a TM manual.
Good luck and welcome to the insane asylum. lol