• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New 5 Ton

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am currently finalizing shipping arrangements and awaiting a few small additions to my M818. Here are some preliminary pics.

I have also chosen a name: Hannibal 8
For those of you movie buffs, you'll know the name comes from Blake Edwards' "The Great Race" with Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis and Natalie Wood. It is Prof. Fate's (Lemmon) three axle multi-functional car. This is one of my all time favorite movies. I looked at the tandem rear axles and short bed and my truck and it reminded me of the Hannibal 8's distinct lines.
"Push the button, Max!"

Attachments

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brian,

I'm only slightly confused but is that an 818 or an 813. I thought the 818 was a tractor. I guess it could be one with the fifth wheel removed and a bed installed.

Just curious and either way it is a good looking truck. Congratulations.

sw

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brian,

I'm only slightly confused but is that an 818 or an 813. I thought the 818 was a tractor. I guess it could be one with the fifth wheel removed and a bed installed.

sw
It's an 818 with the 5th wheel removed and a sectioned out Deuce bed installed. Let's call it an a "M815 and a Half". It's the best of both worlds.

Brian,

sw
Yep that's the gig, the 813 has only 1 fuel tank and it has a tool box in place of the fuel tank on the passenger side. The other clue is the spare tire mount, the 813 has the tire mounted in the bed behind the driver. Also note the sling rings on the bed are not centered between the tandems. Plus a few other things.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks