• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my new account drain

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
it's green, has 10 tires, is made of steel..........

rofl

It has a turbo....

kipman

what year about? what should I look for as the main problems. it does say dot 5 brake fluid, does that give any indication to the age. I am new to this so I am learning as I go, thanks Kipman

alphadeltaromeo

The big ol' "X" means it don't have a motor...and that one in the pics...isn't really its motor :twisted:

Other than that though, it looks excellent! Congrats on your new win!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty clean looking turbo charged, non winch deuce with ether start installed. Has a personnel heater and an air shift transfer case and looks to be held at the lot at DSCC.
On deuces, age is not relevant at all but I'd bet 70 or later. Looks like some seal work may be required inside that left front tire. Oh, new J pipe as well.

ida34

I can tell you that by the time your EUC clears it will probably be a couple of pounds lighter. A lot of people need parts and some get the euc cleared before you.

Armada

Pretty clean looking turbo charged, non winch deuce with ether start installed. Has a personnel heater and an air shift transfer case and looks to be held at the lot at DSCC.
OK Kenny, how do you tell it has an airshift tcase without an interior pic? Airline on the firewall maybe?
Or did you use your SuperKenny xray vision? :)

It's missing the ether bottle, you may want to get one.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just noticed the lancaster location. Couple of guys near you, I'm about 2 hours north.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guessed it Paul, I could see the air line running down by the aircleaner housing. BTW can you take a pic of that cast piece you need? I'm about to fillet that trailer.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: my new account drain

Recovry4x4 said:
On deuces, age is not relevant at all but I'd bet 70 or later[/i/. Looks like some seal work may be required inside that left front tire. Oh, new J pipe as well.

Because of the passenger side headlight door?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: my new account drain

Welcome to the site and that looks like a clean duece you will find this site to be a wealth of information on the duece trucks and any other Military Vehicle you may come across. We like to joke, but there are some of the best folks around on this site. You will see it in their posts and when you meet them you will never forget them. I would study the posts and stickies about picking up a truck from GL and plan on driving it home.

I get mine insured and registered as a classic for a good deal less than my other vehicles cost to do the same for. If you can arrange for another Steel Soldier to go with you to pick it up you will find it to be a priceless option. I got mine started and drove it home over 300 miles with only a little air being added to the steering tire since the valve stem core was loose and leaked air. Mine still starts in less than a second and is very reliable. You will love the truck.

Did you notice it has air conditioning? See the drivers window

Coveralls

Kipman, it looks like you got a good looking truck. You've got both spot mirrors,lifting shackles, windshield wipers. Wood troop seat side racks and a rag top, tires don't look bad either. I hope when you pick it up all of the above mentioned parts are still there. These are things I look for and ida34 had it right about things coming up missing. I remember when I picked mine up; ten minutes after a guy needed my Purple K to get rid of the bees in his truck. At least he gave it back ---- empty.

nattieleather

Nice looking truck. To bad your held up at DRMO in Columbus. Most likely a National Guard truck since that is about all who turns stuff in there.

Keep us posted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks