• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new cucv.....couldn't escape the forklift :(

DeuceNewb

Picked up the cucv pickup today, made it 6 miles before i realized the damage. Transmission case is cracked, which allowed all the fluid to leak out while driving, and the drive shaft was also slightly bent. So now i need a new transmission as well as a drive shaft.

What trucks have the same drive shaft? will any 4x4 longbed work?

scottodog

Mine cracked also but between the trans and tranfer case on the adapter/coupler. Check again and see if thats what broke. Its the piece that goes to the cross member holding up the transmission. If its that its an easy fix just drop the transfer case and change out the adapter. My driveshaft got retubed at the local mr driveshaft for 230.00 Scott

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I read stuff like this often. When I do I thank Wayne Harris for selling me such a nice M1008. Not only does my M1008 have no ferk lift damage, there is not a chalk or crayon mark on it! The extra money was worth it. DN, did you get a deal on it?

ABN173

I read stuff like this often. When I do I thank Wayne Harris for selling me such a nice M1008. Not only does my M1008 have no ferk lift damage, there is not a chalk or crayon mark on it! The extra money was worth it. DN, did you get a deal on it?
I have made both private and GL purchases, call me lucky but I have had no major issues with either. My M1008 I bought from GL and there were no chalk/paint marks only some stickers. I have driven mine for at least 1500 miles or more and I have only had to perform an oil change. I guess its like cards and it all depends on how the cards are delt out........of course screening helps a lot too!

Dale

ida34

It is pretty apparent you have a M1008 or such but one should remember that when you say cucv it could also be a M1009. Easy mistake but pointing this out may lead others away from confusion.

musclecars664

the forklift driver must have missed the brakes when picking up mine. they ran into the passenger side. the whole front quarter was crushed in, the front edge of the door was damaged, the mirror was scraped and there were scratches all down the side of the bed in front of the rear tire. my drive shaft was also bent but i replaced that before driving it.