• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new light bar/rear bumper

hmburner

I work for a scrapyard and we had a bunch of new 4x8x.375 wall square tubing come in for scrap. I looked at it and had and idea. I have the LED lights for it but the wiring isnt finished yet.The hole in the centre is for my license plate and light. Since this truck will be my daily driver,i thought added safety would be a good thing. The LEDs should give me better visibility at night plus if someone ever rear ends me with a car it will stop them from going underneath the truck. This is supposed to be family day here in Canada but since i have no kids and wife worked ,i just work on my duece

Bill

Attachments

hmburner

light bar

The mud flaps are mounted on the box and will fit around the light bar/rear bumper. I have another duece that is the same year and model i used to take the measurements off of.There is a backup light switch on the trans,but im trying to keep the wiring as simple as possible so if there is a problem in years to come ,it should be a simple fix.I cant work on the truck much in this weather since it is now back outside in the cold. The company shop i use is full of lugger boxes that i have to weld up and paint for the spring rush,but i did manage to take the driveshaft yoke and coupling to my buddy the machinist this afternoon after work so i guess some forward progress is being made

Bill