• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my new m105 with box!

srodocker

So so...heres the some pics from my new trailer and ft lewis gl yard. I want to know how hard it is to find the wheels/tire combo with the Goodyears? and the bolt pattern. This trailer is huge with the box on it!! going to make it a camper and have a mini project until a get a deuce :)

Attachments

frodobaggins

I'll tank the trailer and the orange item off your hands. Just let me know when to pick them up.

But seriously, that would make a great mini camper. Please post pics as you progress.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep in mind when planning your camper that the M105 is not water tight. When it rains hard, water will stream across the bed floor. I have slept many nights in M105 trailers. You definitely have to keep anything that you don't want to get wet off of the floor. Good luck!

I saw that trailer, nice trailer! Please read the rules on posting pictures on up coming GL auctions.:evil:
upcoming auctions? i won that one...you mean the GL lot pictures?
Yep the lot pics. No worries just a friendly reminder. Congrats on your win

sro,
Nice trailer. I disagree with bigelk50, it is kinda nice to see pics of other GL lots. I really do not think your pictures were intended to influence any upcomming auctions, nor would they. I think bigelk took a good rule to an unnecessary extreme. Keep us updated on your 105 project.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
sro,
Nice trailer. I disagree with bigelk50, it is kinda nice to see pics of other GL lots. I really do not think your pictures were intended to influence any upcomming auctions, nor would they. I think bigelk took a good rule to an unnecessary extreme. Keep us updated on your 105 project.
I agree...how does one know what lot# they are? It isn't like he linked GL.
No harm, no foul.
There are usually a mess of the 105's with boxes at Barstow, but they are "pop ups". The outside upper part slides down over the lower part and the doors are 2 piece.

How you gonna tow that thing? They are kinda awkward behind a regular p/u.
Look under the rear of the trailer by the tailgate. Right in the center there should be a swing down leg. If it isn't there, make sure you get one, when you start loading the trailer and set a heavy object on the tailgate, it'll do a wheelie!

bigelk50

I do apologize to you, I was not meaning any harm. Just is that I know and lots of others do as well where that it. There has been a few posts to many with in the last month that are giveaways. I jumped ahead of the gun your did not post about anything just friendly shots. I had planned on bidding on something that is in one of those pics and let my hot head get the best of me. Thanks guys for correcting me. Sorry to all.

wsucougarx

Unfortunately that lovely line of trucks are all FMS Freeze trucks. Sorry guys they will not be on GL anytime soon. Some are headed to Cambodia, Morocco, Malaysia, Venezuela, etc. The deuces have been there for almost 12 months with no movement. You're lucky those DRMO guys didn't storm out and rip ya a new one for taking photos of their "top secret" trucks. How do I know this?:p Yah, been there done that. DRMO guy asked where my clearance badge was to take pics. I reached in my pants pulled out my wallet and asked if this was good enough (military ID). He left me alone after that. Must have been having a bad day or something.

Last edited:

srodocker

oh no harm taken bigelk...and like cougar said that was the freeze lot (i asked) so who knows where most those trucks are going.

yea about the swingdown leg i noticed them on other 105's and was like darn didnt see if mine had one so i'll check next time i go peek which might be next week so i can get a new door plan.

yea i noticed holes in the trailer along the outside. im going to do my best and seal it off but we'll see how it goes. First thing im doing is stripping the paint and sealing the box then getting some good ol'rattle cans and trying to paint camo :\ what would be the best way to try and straighten out the sides of the sheet metal box?

also the ladder was inside, is it a m109 ladder cause it doesnt seem to fit the trailer as it had little hooks on it to clip to something which i didnt find on the trailer. and man is that thing HEAVY! hahah i asked my gf to hold it for a second she laughed at me the continued to look at other trailers and told me i should have gotten more stuff....i think she may be getting used to the green side...just maybe.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Think about putting in a steel door that's lockable. I got one a couple of months ago with a steel door (that needs some work, made of sheet steel and 1" angle iron), since I figured if you travel with a Deuce, it's hard to secure your neat stuff.

Mine has some insulating panels of styrofoam on the walls and ceiling(painted green, some are missing), and looks to be a steel box w/wood floor that drops into a M105 trailer. Right now, it has my recovery supplies and some GL booty. It has some racks along the side, a wide shelf in front, 4 water/fuel can holders, fluorescent light, and a lock box on the side that was full of dixie cups. It looks like the entire box can be pulled off and set inside another trailer with no problem. I figure to sleep in the Deuce or M109, and carry supplies in the locked trailer.

Attachments

srodocker

wow your steel box looks better then mine hehe! i was what the 2 front port thing were on mine doesnt look like they were a vent cause no hole inside of the trailer just on the outside. the door right now is all wood im thinking of how to lock it up

wsucougarx

wow your steel box looks better then mine hehe! i was what the 2 front port thing were on mine doesnt look like they were a vent cause no hole inside of the trailer just on the outside. the door right now is all wood im thinking of how to lock it up
You can use the trailer's tailgate to lock the door. Just put a padlock or two on rings used to hold the tailgate up and you're good to go

srodocker

Hey trailboss you have some more pics of the tool box? thats a sweet idea. i like those fuel can holders i want those on mine...now i need to find some...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks