• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new m35a2c

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked this truck up from GL in Smyrna,TN last week. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet because I don't need 2 deuces. I'm thinking about selling the axles and keeping the rest for parts. I might would sell the whole truck if anyone is interested. If I sold it I would swap beds with my other deuce so it wouldn't be a dropside. If anyone is interested in the parts I don't need we might could work something out on that also. I'm just trying to see what the interest is so maybe that would help me make my decision on what to do with it.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't part out a perfectly good truck! Get a beater for that purpose. The above looks like a good truck, shame to break it up.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep it and get yourself a slave cable so you can jump one with the other. Having two is nice. When you fix or maintain one thing on one truck, you can then do it on the other truck easier and faster the second time! Good luck

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: My new m35a2c

maddawg308 said:
Don't part out a perfectly good truck! Get a beater for that purpose. The above looks like a good truck, shame to break it up.
The sad fact is the truck is worth a lot more as parts than it is whole. I really hate to part it out but I need a few parts to go on my other truck and I can sell what I don't need and cover the purchase price of the truck. I'm still on the fence on what to do so who knows, I may keep them both.

derby

RE: Re: RE: My new m35a2c

Why don't you sell the other truck if it needs parts and a bed swap? It looks like a nice truck. I think you will find that after you part it out, it was not worth as much as you thought in parts.(your time,ect.)

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting mod with the mud flaps on the front. Post some close up pics of that. I bet they are off of a M149 Water Buffalo.. Neat idea...

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck may have a engine issue. I was running it today and noticed what looks like engine oil coming out the stack and it don't seem like it has the power that my other truck has.It got dark on me today so I'm going to look at it a little more tomorrow and see what could be wrong. The fuel filters may be clogged but I don't know about the oil.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Don't forget to check the air filter! It made a HUGE diff in my motors performance. I couldn't hardly get any pressurized air through it to kick out the dust.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: My new m35a2c

Flea said:
PM me what you may want for the canvas & troop seats. Where are you in TN?
If I sell parts I'm keeping the canvas but would let the troop seats go. I'm about 40 miles west of Nashville.

Michael

I was wondering if anyone had picked up any of the Smyrna,TN trucks. How did it go? The TN national guard hasn't done anything stupid like drain all of the fluids or anything have they? I have an appt to pick up my trailers and truck at Lavinia, TN next Thursday.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All fluids were good. Someone got a big suprise if they didn't inspect the trucks before bidding. One of the other trucks with cargo cover had a bed full of tow bars, new canvas ,and what ever else the canvas was covering up. My bed was empty of course :cry: .

Blood_of_Tyrants

I was there a couple of weeks ago and a fellow was there to check out a truck that he had won that was supposedly driven onto the lot. The truck was missing the transmission and the transfer case. The GL rep was cool and found him a truck that was much better than his truck even before it was cannibalized. Everyone was happy.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
emmado22 said:
Interesting mod with the mud flaps on the front. Post some close up pics of that. I bet they are off of a M149 Water Buffalo.. Neat idea...
The passenger side doesn't have a flap but it looks like the fender has been changed.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks