• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New Motor

Croatan_Kid

CUCV owners beware: viewing of these pictures will cause an uncontrolable urge to get one as well!

I gotta Cummins! :D It came out of a '92 Dodge W250. I also got a set of hydro clutch pedals while I was there picking up the motor.

:twisted: ........... :roll:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks expensive. Wonder how many of my $58 6.2s I can buy for the cost of one of those?

Croatan_Kid

Yep, that's what I was thinking! Good luck getting a built 6.2 to even hold a candle to this thing in stock form!

Not knocking the 6.2, mine's great, but I just gotta have something more!

The plans are to upgrade the turbo, put on some different injectors, governor springs, and figure out some kinda cool exhaust setup. The drivetrain will be pretty simple....NV4500/NP205.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No worries! I don't need to pull locomotives, just get from point A to point B. Much cheaper, for me anyways, to get there with a 6.2. Not knocking you guys, If I were wealthy, I'd do it too but it reminds me of the $1200 deuce with $1800 air assist steering

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I wasn't feeling "knocked", and I sure ain't wealthy. I've got nothing but 6.2's, turbo'd and not...

And, don't forget, those deuces will be worth more soon enough...

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I like the 6.2 it is an economical engine and runs well. Of course it is under powered for big jobs but with the cost of diesel the only real upgrade I would do is the OD Tranny you are using along with the 33 inch tires it is running.

Croatan_Kid

Oh, this is going in my M1008....I only wish I had a Duece!

I like my 6.2 and 700R4 with the 39s, but I want more power so I can actually use my truck to haul something heavy, besides, I want a 5 speed :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks