• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new tie rod.

tsmall07

I decided that there was no way that I was going to buy the stock replacement tie rod end at $109. I figured I could build something better for the same cost that would make it much cheaper to change ends in the future. This is what I ended up with. Its 1.5" OD 1/4" wall DOM tube with weld in inserts. One end is left hand and one is right hand for easy alignments. It should be strong enough. 8) If any of you guys want one, let me know and I'll make them for $110 plus shipping (without rod ends). I can make them cheaper for those that only drive on road and wouldn't require such beef.

Attachments

tsmall07

Hell yea man. They have a story in that issue called "update your 6/5L for more power" (it also applies to the 6.2). I think its the current issue.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yeah, DP. Its good to see a (some what) tech post. Its hard to do anything here with the cold and no indoors to work in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks